Gayle Dempsey, Artist
Award-winning artist painting in acrylic, oil and watercolor.
Gayle Dempsey, a fourth generation Muskokan, is an award-winning artist who feels a deep connection to the spirit of the land, the lakes, the natural beauty and the peace that is Muskoka. Capturing the soul of place in acrylic and oil, Gayle’s work connects with her roots. Loose underpaintings give way to structural details as her passion is revealed.
- Award of Excellence in Acrylic Painting – Muskoka Arts and Crafts Spring Show, 2016
- Recipient of the Muskoka Awards inaugural Arts Award for creativity, personal artistic achievements and support and leadership in Muskoka’s arts community, 2009
- Award of Excellence in Acrylic Painting, Muskoka Arts and Crafts Spring Show, 2008
Please see CV above for a full list of exhibitions.
- Muskoka Place Gallery, Two Woman Show with Donna McLaren, 2016
- Muskoka Place Gallery, Fire & Ice, solo exhibition, 2011
- Muskoka Place Gallery, solo exhibition, 2006
- Catto Gallery, Muskoka Lakes Museum, Port Carling, 2006
- Arts & Letters Club of Toronto, 2017
- Orillia Museum of Art & History, 2017
- Muskoka Arts & Crafts Spring Show, 2016
- CEI Galleries & Kati Bujna Fine Art Studio, 2013
- Arts & Letters Club, juried shows, 2012, 2011, 2010
Office: (705) 765-1048 // Toll-free: 1-888-311-ARTS
1182 Foreman Road, Port Carling, Ontario
The Arts in Muskoka Group is located on the traditional territory
of the Ojibwa, Obajewanung, a place that has long served as a
meeting place shared by many nations.